Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

HazMat Placards to Success

Information

HazMat Placards to Success

HazMat Placards to Success will provide a step by step process for response to a Hazardous Materials incident.

Members: 108
Latest Activity: Nov 28

Discussion Forum

"Shake & Bake" 4 Replies

Started by Todd McKee. Last reply by Todd McKee Apr 1, 2014.

Chemical & Biological Agent Production (Indicators & Warnings) 1 Reply

Started by Todd McKee. Last reply by Todd McKee Dec 5, 2012.

Arisine 2 Replies

Started by Todd McKee. Last reply by Todd McKee Jun 28, 2012.

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of HazMat Placards to Success to add comments!

Comment by Leslie Pederson on July 21, 2009 at 11:30am
Thanks for inviting me Todd. I like it. As far as the manure storage tank, it would have to be the facility owner that would be willing to post what it is. Is it Hydrogen Sulfide or Methane that is causing the suffocation? It would be at least prudent to post an NFPA 704 placard, identifying the hazards, rather than the product.
Comment by Eddie Henderson on July 21, 2009 at 8:56am
Thanks for the invite Todd. Would love to join this group.
Eddie Henderson
Comment by Jetty Middelkoop on July 21, 2009 at 2:55am
By accident I am just having a discussion on placards / warning signs, as last week 3 people fell unconscious in a manure tank and one of them died. A question out of the field was, why not placard manure tanks. In our country, manure tanks are not seen as dangerous goods with regard to road transport, so there is no obligation to put an official hazmat placard on.
I think however that it would be wise to put a warning sign on the man h*** cover - any suggestions / existing warning signs?
Comment by Todd McKee on May 28, 2009 at 3:14pm
Welcome to the world's greatest training site. This is where the serious trainers come to train & learn from each other. Please allow me to invite you to the group called "HAZMAT PLACARDS TO SUCCESS". This group is for the firefighter, the EMA officer, and the HazMat Technician. I would love to hear what you have to say. This is a great time to join the group as our main focus is currently the first stages of the HazMat Incident.

Your friend,
Todd McKee

Members (108)

Policy Page

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our policy page HERE. -- Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peterp@pennwell.com.

FE Talk Radio

Monday at 7:30 p.m. EDT

The Larry Conley Show

with

Larry Conley

CALL IN AND JOIN THE SHOW

1-877-497-3973 (Toll Free)
or 1-760-454-8852

Check out the schedule of
UPCOMING SHOWS

Ricky Riley, Dan Shaw, Doug Mitchell & Nick Martin

© 2017   Created by fireeng.   Powered by