Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Calling all Volunteer's

Information

Calling all Volunteer's

This group is for the Volunteer's who may be on this site to exchange ideas and discuss issues that we face in our departments. Training, staffing, safety, sop's/sog's, stories, pics, whatever. Any and all welcome

Members: 45
Latest Activity: Jan 1, 2014

My buddy Greg Ferguson (rear) and Stan Woods (Front) on the hose at the Mississippi Fire Academy Pearl, MS. They were there for Vol Cert Level 1. Being supervised by two instructors (standing)

Discussion Forum

Training Trouble 4 Replies

Started by Jess Solze. Last reply by Robert T Jan 1, 2014.

Response - How does your department handle it? 5 Replies

Started by Ricky Teter. Last reply by Ronny J Coleman Jan 7, 2012.

PRIDE & DESIRE 2 Replies

Started by Dan Rice. Last reply by Dan Rice Nov 8, 2009.

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Calling all Volunteer's to add comments!

Comment by holden shough on February 16, 2009 at 11:24am
i was wondering if anyone knew of any really good intense mayday training? i and a lot of people in our area beleive that we have the best volunteer dept. in out area but we get that way by training and i think it would be good for us to do some mayday training sumtime soon.
Comment by Dan Rice on February 16, 2009 at 11:16am
I feel groups like this are so needed so we all can share ideas and thoughts on how to make our volunteer departments the best they can be. I can't wait to read some ideas that everyone has to share and learn from people with other ideas and goals. Always remember to strive for the professionalism of the greatest departments in this country whether you take 100 calls a year or 10,000 we're all doing the same job! Thanks to all and I can't wait to see what has to be said. Be Safe, Train Hard.
Comment by holden shough on February 13, 2009 at 5:32pm
volunteers do it for free!
Comment by Eddie Rogers on February 13, 2009 at 12:44am
Welcome everyone, I would like to first off say I really have found this site very usefull, and enjoy all the information that is available here. I wanted to start this group for the volunteers to have a place to share information. I also would appreciate any career guys that will to share and help us (volunteers) to be more professional. "We may be volunteer's, but we must be professional" that is probably one of my favorite quotes that I have heard since joining the fire service 2 years ago. Feel free to share. Thanks and God bless

Members (45)

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service