Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Thank you for the presentation you guys did this week. It is everything I have been trying to communicate to my department for the past year and has fallen on deaf ears. Some of the stuff you guys said about firefighter's thinking that they won't be able to work as long or are wasting air by leaving early is exactly the feedback I have been getting and it frustrates the hell out of me. I am sending all my department members a link to the presentation in the hopes that when they hear it from you guys they will finally buy in. Thanks again.

Views: 454

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Lisa...

You are welcome and let me extend you my highest accolade for being willing to stand in the gap and lead. Just as we discussed in the webcast, the folks that do what's right will one day be viewed with the honor and respect they deserve. You are on the right side of this issue and I hope you stay at it.

Mike
Mike, I'm going to take your presentation today and use it with my crew. We do have an air management rule at my place of sorts, but, no where as in depth as the book. Thanks for the presentation today Brother, the last thing in the world I want to see as a boss, is one on my members on the ground. I agree with Lisa, it is frustrating. Even frustrated, we as officers, must lead.

Thanks Bro!
Jeff
Hey bro...

With leaders like you and Lisa out there we are going to make progress. It is an honor to serve with you...

Mike
Hey Mike,

Our Assistant Chief of training has said he will allow me to teach a class on Air Management to our department in the near future. I'm sure this will get a lot of resistance, but I'm looking forward to spreading this message. I know this may save someone's life.

God bless and stay safe brother!!

Nick
Hello Nick

You may not get much resistance. It all depend on how it is presented. At first i had the same impression that you have but I have started to teach some basic stuff of air management in my department and i another depertment as well and the response of the guys is very goog. They want it because it is directly related to their safety. In fact it is often the organisations that cant follow the pace we would like. On my rollerblades i can make a sharp 90 degre turn but a big boat it will take more time and distance to make the same turn. I think the important is to initiate the movement.

Be safe

Pascal

Nick Morgan said:
Hey Mike,

Our Assistant Chief of training has said he will allow me to teach a class on Air Management to our department in the near future. I'm sure this will get a lot of resistance, but I'm looking forward to spreading this message. I know this may save someone's life.

God bless and stay safe brother!!

Nick
Pascal,

Thanks for your encouraging words. Stay safe brother!

Nick
Nick,
Always willing to help a brother out, let me know if this county guy can help you big city guys out..lol I really got my bosses on board yesterday and part of my crew. Slow but sure Brother! When in doubt lead!

Stay Safe at that airport Brother
Jeff

To Mike thanks for bringing this home to the midwest guys, we seem to learn all things, when they work in from the coasts!

Thanks to all of you Mike!
Jeff
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the offer. Looks like I'll be leaving the airport and coming back to a city firehouse by the beginning of the new year. :-) I'm working on developing a classroom presentation on Air Management for a good friend who's a retired county Chief. Drop me a line sometime and I'll tell ya' more about it.

Stay safe brother!

Nick

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service