Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Do you feel the education you are getting online is just as good as the campus setting?

Having attended Eastern Kentucky University and now CSU online I often find myself comparing the experience and education quality.

For me while I was passing college in a campus setting I don't feel like I was excelling. My grades were average and it was more about the experience of being away from home. CSU however has been great I have a great GPA and truly feel like I am learning. Now of course some classes don't meet expectations but nothing is perfect.

So how do you feel? Do you feel that this program is just a means to an end? DO you think that your CSU degree isnt as good as another high profile university? Or is this program great for you? Lets here what you think.

Views: 285

Replies to This Discussion

It is funny. To get accepted into the EFO program at the NFA you needed a four year degree fom an accepted university. The guest speaker at Columbia Southern University's graduation last year was Dr Oneal from the NFA. They would not accepted Columbia Southern as a offical school to enter the program. That rule has since changed.
So to answer the question if i feel if my degree from columbia southern is the same as another, I do. I have spent five years earning my degree taking one class at a time due to finances. I will have my degree after three more classes and I feel it is just important as someone who went to USC.
I have been to the university and been on many college campuses and I feel that doing it on-line has benefited me alot more.
I have gotten three coworkers to attend Columbia Southern and one has since graduated. Columbia Southern is a good call fo anyone who wants to make themselves better with education.
I'm five weeks into my bachelor degree in fire science. It's been a couple of years since i attended any type of college but I think an online degree is just as good as being on campus. I've had a little trouble getting adjusted to to black board and getting back into the swing of things but over all its been a good experience.

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service