Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Brothers & Sisters
I am looking for some input, how does your volunterr department handle response?
Do you staff stations or respond from home?
Are you assigned to shifts or platoons?
Do you sign up for availability or just respond when available?
How do ensure coverage for your customers?

Thanks in advance for you input!

Views: 391

Replies to This Discussion

We have two stations and eleven pieces of equipment. We designate what station you are assigned to depending on your home location and then we respond to the station from our homes. We currently do not have enough members to assign them to any sort of crews or to have truck assignments. We have a total of 35 members at the moment and only 14 are EMT trained, that is our duty night issue. Out of those 14 I have a steady 5 that make a valiant effort to do the job. I'm sure this wasn't any information that helped you tremendously but this is what we do.

Thanks
Dan Rice
Our department members respond from home, we currently just respond when available. We don't have too much an issue with coverage due to the fact that many of our firefighters work differing shifts, so for the most part we have the coverage. If we get a structure fire all of our officers carry portable radios and they are instructed to call for mutual aid immediately which works out really well.

Be Safe!!

Ricky Teter -

My name is Ron Coleman. I am the Chairman of the California State Firefighters Association's Volunteer Committee and am working on a deplyment methdology for volunteer fire departments to use. Would you be interested in being part of the discussion

Ron Coleman

Mr. Coleman,
Sure I'd like to be involved. I'm not sure what I can contribute, but it sounds like an interesting opportunity to learn something.

Ricky Teter

Ronny J Coleman said:

Ricky Teter -

My name is Ron Coleman. I am the Chairman of the California State Firefighters Association's Volunteer Committee and am working on a deplyment methdology for volunteer fire departments to use. Would you be interested in being part of the discussion

Ron Coleman

Ricky - I am interested in circulating a document I have been working on that describes how a rural or volunteer fire agency can document its deploymnet plan. I am just lokinjg for people to review the document as it progresses. Could you sned me a direct email so that I can share the attachment with you. my email is ron@fireforceone.com.

Ronny J Coleman

Ricky Teter said:

Mr. Coleman,
Sure I'd like to be involved. I'm not sure what I can contribute, but it sounds like an interesting opportunity to learn something.

Ricky Teter

Ronny J Coleman said:

Ricky Teter -

Ron Coleman

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service