The title of the story (http://www.fireengineering.com/index/articles/Wire_News_Display/135...) is very misleading.
It was not a gas leak, but an incident involving the use of machinery with internal combustion engines in an enclosed space. It would be like running your car inside the garage with the doors closed.
Lucky someone didn't die.
As part of my job, I conduct forklift safety training to forklift operators. We use ELECTRIC powered forklifts indoors and not LP gas forklifts. The reason is fossil fuel creates carbon monoxide.
The management team of this company needs to be held accountable. Very stupid decision not to use appropriate equipment for the job.
Once, I used a gas monitor on an LP gas forklift at the exhaust to measure CO. I got a ready at the exhaust pipe of 1800 ppm of CO. The alarm level on the detector for CO was 50 ppm. What does that tell you.
This was no gas leak. It was a bad decision.