Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

We all know that there are an overwhelming amount of resources that can be used during a HazMat Emergency. I would like to know other than the trusty ERG and NIOSH. What is the resource that you use the most? Todd McKee

Views: 190

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Todd

Here we use both of those as well we also use a program called Cameo. A nice little program that gives you a tonne of info. We also use Canutec. These guys are a wealth of information. Programs to help us choose the appropriate suits we use EZ north, safe spec. Not sure if that was what you were looking for.

Cheers
There is different levels of protective equipment ,Level A ,B,C.The EPA level ,a ensemble consists of a fully encapsulating vapor-protective suit worn over and SCBA.This equipment we use provides the highest level of protection against vapors,gases,mists,and particles for the respiratory tract,eyes,and skin.Operational -level responders are generally not allowed to operate in situations requiring Level A protection.How ever Operational -level personel must be appropriately trained to wear the level A.PPE .if they are required to wear it. Vapor protective suits.TECP suits constructed of protective
clothing materials that meet certain criteria.
The requirements of NFPA 1991----chemical resistance protection gear.,that covers the hold body,from head to feet.
Does this answer your question? Brenda
Brenda

God love you and your passion for the fire service! Your comments are enjoyed and I look forward seeing you grow with in the fire service. Please share your passion to everyone at your department!
Todd McKee
Kim

That is Great, Tell me a little about your HazMat Team.

Todd McKee
Todd

I can only speak from the Military side. Most fire fighters are trained to the HazMat Tech Level once they are journey person qualified. At the apprentice level they are trained to operations. If we are to have a HM call it could very well be more than just FF's on the scene. As we have other trades that are trained as well. Gives us a better response capability.
Kim

Thank you so much for replies. I would like to invite you to the group Unique HazMat Incidents, feel free to share your thoughts and start your very own discussions. Take care and be safe. Todd McKee
Don't forget to include Aloha and Marplot. We also use several other sofwares. One, (name is a blur), allows us to get direct railcar information from a derailment. This is tied directly into the railroads by internet. Of course the internet, we have at least three air cards on our trucks. Then there are several other paper resources.
Hi, I want to know where can I get maps from Chile, Viña del Mar specifically to use it in Marplot.
In my Fire Station we use Cameo and Aloha, and the ERGO and NIOSH guides.

Claudio Cisternas.
Cuerpo de Bomberos Viña del Mar
Viña del Mar Fire Department

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service